Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Due to overwhelming responses from the previous Patterned Swiss Roll Workshops, I am excited to announce that we will be opening our 3rd workshop with Lessons Go Where
Date: 3 August 2014, Sunday
Venue: The Baking Loft
Do sign up here & join us for this fun workshop if you are new to baking =)
Monday, July 14, 2014
Eggless Chocolate Walnut Cake
(Recipe adapted fr Alex Goh 'Fruity Cakes')
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp honey
100g vegetable oil
220g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
30g dessicated coconut
1. Cook (A) until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
2. Stir in (B) into the cooled (A) & mix until well blended.
3. Add (C) & mix until well incorporated. Add (D) & mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the greased & lined loaf pan. Bake at 160C for 40mins.
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Banana Oreo & Walnut Muffin
(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from Ellena)
110g Liv salted butter, soften
110g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp caramel sauce
2 large banana, mashed with fork
3 pieces of Oreo Cookies, crushed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift the flour, baking power & soda together. Set aside.
2. Cream butter & sugar with electric beater till light & fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time & beat till the mixture is well combined.
4. Add mashed banana, vanilla extract & caramel into the butter mixture & mix till combined.
5. Add flour mixture & blend the mixture till smooth. Divide into 2 portions. Stir in the oreo cookies crumb in one portion & chopped walnuts in another portion.
6. Scoop the mixture into prepared muffin cups. Top the muffin batter with extra oreo cookies or walnut with caramel drizzle. Bake in a preheated oven @ 170C for 25mins.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师)
65g Liv salted butter
150g plain flour
20g ice water
1 packet king oyster mushrooms, sliced
1 canned button mushrooms, cut into halves
1 carrot, shredded
100mls soy milk
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Been looking forward to the second session of my patterned swiss roll workshop. It was another fun class whereby everyone picked up new skills and walking away being able to create their own fun swiss rolls - be it giraffe, flowers or bears. Ladies, do practice more and do share with me your creations =)
Take a look at some of their creations
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the lovely ladies for attending this workshop. It's nice meeting you all! Thanks you Ethan & Tra (our photographer) from Lessons Go Where & Lena from The Baking Loft for all your hard work.
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
This is my 3rd recipe using SunMoon fruit cups in my bakes. Do check out my Mixed fruits yoghurt popsicles & Mandarin Orange Swiss Roll which I have shared recently. I am really grateful to SunMoon Company for giving me a chance to try out their new products =)
60g plain flour
2 Tbsp apple juice (from SunMoon peach fruit Cup)
Peach chunks (from 2 SunMoon peach fruit Cup)
1. Place egg, sugar & apple juice in a bowl & beat until thick & pale.
2. Sieve in flour & fold with a spatula.
3. Pour batter into muffin cups & add in peach chunks.
4. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180C for 15mins.