Friday, August 22, 2014
Marble Butter Cake
(recipe adapted & modify slightly from Kevin Chai)
250g Liv salted butter
8g NuNaturals NuStevia white stevia powder
100g soya milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sesame paste
1. Beat butter & sugar till light & fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time & beat till combined.
2. Add in sifted flour in 3 batches & alternate with soya milk till well mixed.
3. Remove half of the batter & add in sesame paste into the other batter & mix well.
4. Pour batter into moulds. bale in a preheated oven @ 160C for 3omins.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Bread Cake(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from Tested & Tasted)
200g bread flour
1 tsp Instant yeast
20g Liv salted butter
1. Mix all ingredients except butter into a mixing bowl & beat till it forms into dough.
2. Add in butter & continue beating till dough is smooth & elastic. Proof dough for 1hr.
3. Divide the dough into few portions & place them into chiffon tin. Proof for 1hr.
40g plain flour
3 egg yolks
30g soy milk
1 Tbsp pandan paste
3 egg whites
1. Egg yolk batter: Mix all ingredients (A) together.
2. Egg white batter: Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add in sugar & beat until frothy stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold egg white batter into egg yolk batter & mix until well blended
4. Pour on top of the proved bread dough.
5. Bake in the preheated oven @ 160C for about 40mins.
Sunday, August 17, 2014
I am honored to be invited to attend the SCS Star Baker Challenge 2014 which took place this afternoon at APS lifestyle Gallery. A fun cool event to showcase homebakers creations.
Check out the creations done by the 4 finalists
Judges are busy testing & judging their bakes
Demonstration of 'Butter hazelnuts Cream Cheese Pavlova with Raspberry Jam' by Chef Diego from Palate Sensation
While waiting for the results, let's have some afternoon tea
The results of the SCS Star Baker Challenge 2014 are out! Congratulations to Jane Tan, Singapore's first ever SCS Star Baker! Congrats to the rest of the finalists as well for the wonderful job in getting the beautiful creations onto the table.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Sesame Custard Meringue Tart(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from 孟老师）
120g plain flour
20g icing sugar
65g Liv salted butter
30g soya milk
*Sift flour & icing sugar together in a bowl. Add in cold butter & mix until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add in milk & mix until a dough is formed. Press into a 7" tart pan & baked in a preheated oven @ 180C for 25mins.
40g egg yolk
20g plain flour
160g soya milk
50g sesame paste
*Mix yolks & sugar in a pan. Add in flour & mix till combined. Add in soya milk & mix until mixture is smooth. Put the pan over stove on low heat & keep stirring until mixture thickens. Add in sesame paste & butter & whisk until mixture is smooth. Pour cooled mixture over cooled tart.
2 egg whites
*Beat whites till foamy & add sugar gradually & beat till soft peaks. Pipe over cooled tart & use a blow torch, toast meringue until golden brown.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Coconut Egg White Cookies 椰子蛋白餅
(Recipe adapted from Carol）
35g egg whites
30g icing sugar
70g dessciated coconut
1. Mix all ingredients together till combined.
2. Divide mixture into 5g each & mold them into small triangle shape.
3. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 20mins.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Black Sesame Paste Chiffon
(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from HoneyBeeSweets）
Egg yolk batter:
5 egg yolks
64g cake flour
60g black sesame paste
1 tsp baking powder
50ml vegetable oil
100ml soya milk
Egg white batter:
5 egg whites
80g caster sugar
1. Egg yolk batter: In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together.
2. Egg white batter: In a large mixing bowl, beat the whites till foamy. Gradually add in the sugar & beat till the whites reaches stiff peaks.
3. Fold the whites into the yolk batter. Then pour the batter into the tube pan.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Vegetable Ham Muffin
(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from Anncoo)
4 slices Ham, cut to small pieces
1 Onion, shredded
50g Brocolli, cut small
250ml homemade soya milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Melt butter & saute shredded onion at low heat till fragrant. Add in all other ingredients & fry 2mins.
2. Combine soya milk, eggs, sugar, salt & pepper together.
3. Divide the ingredients in (1) into 4 muffin cups. Gently pour egg mixture over.
4. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180C until set.