Time really flies, it's Nurses' Day again!
2015 marks my 16 years in this profession. Yes, I did encounter rough times over the years, but I'm still loving my job & have no regrets choosing this career.
Happy Nurses' Day to my nursing friends/ex-students/ex-colleagues & nurses all over the world. Nurses unite!
Now, let's have some sweet cupcakes to celebrate our Nurses' Day *^_^*
(recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal)
25g unsweetened cocoa powder
30g dark chocolate, chopped to pieces
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup chocolate milk
75g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
60g brown sugar
1/2 tsp rum
1/4 cup chocolate chips
90g semi sweet chocolate 60%, chopped to pieces
1 tbsp whipping cream
1/4 cup natural yogurt
1 tsp rum
10g icing sugar
*Stir chocolate & butter in a medium bowl over simmering water until melted & smooth. Remove from water & whisk in yogurt & rum, then icing sugar.
Let stand until thick to spread or put in the fridge
1. Combine cocoa powder & chopped chocolate together. Pour boiling water over it & whisk till smooth. Whisk in the chocolate milk.
2. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda & salt together. Set aside.
3. Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, oil, sugar, egg & rum until light & creamy. Beat in the flour mixture, alternating with chocolate mixture in additions. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop batter evenly among cupcake liners. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 20mins.
5. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting & decorate as desired.
I’m submitting this to Bake-Along #83 : Devil’s Food Cupcakes hosted by：Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce from & Lena from Her Frozen Wings