Vanilla Ice Cream(Recipe adapted from SSB)
3 egg yolks
225ml non dairy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whisk egg yolks & sugar in a bowl till pale & creamy.
2. Heat milk in a saucepan until almost boiling.
3. Pour hot milk into egg yolk mixture gradually & keep stirring.
4. Immerse the bowl of egg mixture in a pot of simmering water. Keep stirring & cook the custard till it thickens.
5. Remove from heat & cool over a basin of cold water.
6. Add in whipping cream & vanilla extract. Mix well.
7. Pout into a container through a sieve. Cover & freeze until half frozen.
8. Take out the half frozen ice cream Use electric mixer to whisk the ice cream until double in volume.
9. Pour back into container. Cover & freeze until set.