Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kinako Chiffon Cake

My sister brought back some Kinako (Soy Bean Powder) from Japan recently. I happened to find this recipe in Keiko Ishida's Okashi book that uses kinako & decide to give it a try. I must say this is the best chiffon I ever ate. I simply love the aroma when my chiffon is baking in the oven.  

Kinako Chiffon Cake  
(Recipe adapted & modify from Okashi)

Ingredients:
50g plain flour
5 egg yolks
20g brown sugar
60g water
60g vegetable oil
50g soy bean powder (kinako)


5 eggs whites
80g sugar

Method:
1. In a bowl, combine egg yolks & brown sugar & mix well. Add water & oil & blend together.

2. Add sifted flour & kinako. Mix till combined.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually & beat until stiff peaks. 
4. Add 1/3 of meringue into egg yolk mixture & fold in lightly. Then add remaining meringue & fold to incorporate completely.
5. Pour batter into a tube pan. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160 degrees for 50mins.

You can also find Kinako (Soy Bean Powder) in 'Daiso'. Give this a try, I am sure you will get hook to this light chiffon & ask for more again!

No comments:

Post a Comment