Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pumpkin Mantou 南瓜馒头


Pumpkin Mantou 南瓜馒头
(recipe adapted fr here)  

Ingredients
250g plain flour
60g pumpkin puree
90g water
25g sugar
3g yeast
10g oil

Method:
1. Mix all ingredients together until you have a smooth dough. Rest the dough for 5mins.
2. Roll out dough into a rectangle & roll up like a swiss roll.
3. Cut into 6 pieces & placed on baking paper. Proof for another 15mins.
4. Steam the mantou for 15mins.


I am submitting this post to  International Yeasted Recipe organized by Kristy of My Little Space

1 comment:

Vivian Pang said...

I love the natural sweetness and colour from the pumpkin. This is a healthy kind of steamed bun. By the way may I know where do you buy the 福 chop? Singapore? I want to own one as it such nice to have the 福 print on steamed bun.

Post a Comment