Friday, February 13, 2015

For My Valentine...


Matcha Azuki Chiffon Cake  
(recipe adapted from Cuisine Paradise  

Ingredients: 
5 egg yolks
20g sugar 
50g milk
100g Azuki Bean, drained well
40ml oil
10g matcha powder
70g plain flour

5 egg whites
80g sugar

Method:
1. Beat egg yolks & sugar. Add in oil & milk till combined.
2. Sift flour & matcha powder & whisk till no trace of flour found.
3. Using a whisk, gently stir in azuki bean till well mixed. Set aside. 
4. Beat egg whites till frothy, slowly add in sugar & beat till stiff peaks.
5. Using a balloon whisk gently fold in egg whites into the prepared egg yolks batter in 3 batches till no trace of whites & the mixture are well combined.
6. Pour batter into chiffon mold & bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 40mins.

2 comments:

Victoria Bakes said...

A www, I will melt if I received this... What beats a nice homemade cake with love? I love this flavor as well!

cathysjoy said...

Hahaha, thanks for your kind words. But I guessed my valentine is sick of eating my bakes, so to him it is just another cake that he gotta eat :P

Post a Comment